Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Make a Card - I Pick You

As soon as I read MFT's blog post about their Design Superstar contest, I knew I wanted to give it a try. I've found that I'm most on-my-own creative when I have a contest to create for. :)  It really makes my mind work when I have parameters to work within...in this case only using My Favorite Things products for certain categories.
It was hard to narrow down which MFT set I wanted to focus on using. I definitely wanted to try my hand at the Coloring Virtuoso category so I knew a Pure Innocence set would really allow for coloring.
Being a musician,  Heartstrings is a favorite set. Isn't she super sweet?
I usually color light to dark so I started with her skin, then her hair. After that I used two shades of pink for her shirt and cute striped leggings. For her dress, I layered the color on with wide flicks to get a slight ombre look to her skirt. Boots and guitar came last. To try to get a wood grain look on the guitar, I drew thin lines and a few wood knot swirls with darker brown and then blended it in with the lighter brown base color.
Instead of ribbon or a patterned paper strip, I used the flowers from Sweet Sloths. I popped some up on foam squares for dimension. The best part about MFT sets is the sentiments that are included. I used "I pick you", mounted it with pink cardstock, and popped up another flower to embellish it.

Pure Innocence stamps are so fun to color and so were these Sweet Sloths flowers. Love her!


Linking up here: MFT Design Superstar Contest

Card Details:
Cardstock - MFT: Razzle Berry


Color - MFT: Black Licorice / Copic: E000, E00, E23, E31, E33, E99, W5, W6, Y23, RV10, RV11, RV52, RV55
Dies - MFT: Circle Stax

Stamps - MFT: Sweet Sloths; Heartstrings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...