Monday, December 5, 2016

Make a Card Monday - Christmas Nativity

While the blog has been pretty quiet, life hasn't. I just need to find the time to post (and get over my annoyance with Picasa no longer being supported which means every time I try to post I have to remember how to get my pictures where they need to be. Killin' me, Google.)
One of my most recent projects was to finish up this year's Christmas cards. I found this lovely card on Pinterest and knew I wanted to try it myself.
With so many cards, assembly line work seems to help.
Step 1: embossing the front image
Step 2: watercoloring over the embossed image
Step 3: stamping the back images and sentiment
Step 4: cut shape from front and gold panels
I cut the opening using a Nestabilities: Labels 8 die, then I stamped the Palm Tree and star backgrounds using Versamark.
Step 5 to the end: lots of scoring and folding and gluing
 Step 6: more gluing :( (That glitter paper did NOT want to cooperate. Lots of ATG tape and then weighting it down with heavy books seemed to help. Hopefully they'll make it through the mail before falling apart.)
Merry Christmas!

Details:
Cardstock: Stampin Up!: Rich Razzleberry / Paper Studio: White
Patterned paper: Recollections: Christmas stack
Embellishments: Inkadinkado (emboss pad) / Recollections: Ebony (emboss powder)
Color: Palette: Noir / PTI: Raspberry Fizz / Versamark / Artist's Loft (watercolor paint)
Tools: Nestabilities: Labels 8
Stamps: TAC: Silhouette Nativity (images and sentiment) / TAC: Snowman Nativity (star)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...