Friday, January 15, 2016

Winter PomPom Wreath

I've seen several cute pompom wreaths on Pinterest (like this and this)and wasn't really loving my post-Christmas front door decor. So... I decided to make a pompom wreath for winter with icy but fun winter colors.

Michael's had a big yarn sale so I picked up 6 skeins in white, ivory, red, aqua, teal, and gray for under $10. My first step was to cut a base from cardboard and then wrap it with yarn. (I've learned that hard way that because my front door has windows, the back of my wreaths need to be pretty too.) I took the aqua, teal, and gray and braided them into a long strand to use as a hanger. If you go that route, be sure to measure how much of a hanger you need before you cut your length.
After the base was prepped, I made a bunch of pompoms using a maker tool from Hobby Lobby. I know there's a way to do it with a fork or by wrapping it around your fingers but the tool made it much easier.
I made 3 small, 3 medium, and 3 large pompoms in each of the colors.
Assembly was pretty easy. Just a lot of hot glue and squishing. 
Easy Peasy. It reminds me of ice skating and winter mittens.
 
Linking up to some or all of these great blog parties:
Sunday: It's Overflowing; Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming;
Monday: Inspire Me Monday at Sand and Sisal; Tutorials and Tips at Home Stories A to Z; Monthly Before and After at Thrifty Decor Chick
Wednesday: Wicked Awesome Wednesday at Handy Man, Crafty Woman; Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts; 
Friday: Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest; Flaunt it Friday at Chic on a Shoestring;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...