Monday, November 16, 2015

Make a Card Monday - Make LOTS of Cards

There's is a volunteer-run organization in my area that supports our military families. For Christmas, they gather food and personal care items to pack into stockings that they send to our troops. In each stocking, they like to include a handmade card. I have so many Christmas supplies that I figured I could make a bunch to be sent.
 
Using one 6x6 paper pad (Wonderland Collection by Studio Calico), I ended up with about 75 cards. Including a few I already had on hand, I was able to give 87 cards. That's such a good feeling.
I started with this idea. But neither in her post nor even in her video tutorial did she give links to the sketches or a cut list.  I took notes as I worked though and will share them with you. 
 
All of the patterned papers are from one 6x6 paper pad (which I forgot to take note of!). All of the card bases and cardstock pieces are scraps or DCWV.
 
Card #1:
Card #1 sketch; I made 8 of this design;
The squares are 1.25" x 1.25". I adhered them to a white 4.25" x 5" mat and then embossed it.
Details:
Tools: 1 7/8" standard circles large die, 1 7/8" scalloped circles large die (Nestabilities), Argyle embossing folder (Cuttlebug); small traditional tag (Sizzix)
Stamps: Christmas Circles and Tag Tidbits (TAC)
Color: Noir (Palette); YG17, G85, B0000 (Copic)
Embellishments: twine (Recollections)

Card #2:
Card #2 sketch; I made 2 of this design;
The large mat is 4" x 5.25". Vertical strip is 1.5" x 4". The flag is .75" x 3.25", then notched.
Details:
Tools: 3" Labels 8 (Nestabilities)
Stamps: Homespun Holiday (TAC)
Color: Noir (Palette); DR3 (Spectrum Noir); YG13, YG17 (Copic)
Embellishments: button (Button Ups by Sticko)
 
Card #3:
 
Card #3 design; I made 2 of this design;
The large patterned piece is 2.5" x 3.75". The squares are 1" x 1". Vertical strip is 3" then cut with an edge punch. The white strip is .5" x 3.5".
Details:
Tools: Scallop Edge Punch (Fiskars)
Stamps: Laughter (TAC)
Color: Viridian Leaf (Palette)
Embellishments: button (Button Ups by Sticko); gems (Eyelet Outlet)
 
Card #4:
Card #4 design; I made 5 of this design;
The large patterned piece is 2.25" x 4.75". Medium piece is .75" x 4". Small piece is .5" x 3.25". The mat and circle for the image can be any size you like.
Details:
Tools: Standard circle dies (Nestabilities)
Stamps: Christmas Circles (TAC)
Color: Noir (Palette); DR3 (Spectrum Noir); YG17 (Copic)
Embellishments: scrapbook nails (Scrapbook Interiors)


Card #5:
Card #5 design; I made 2 of this design;
The mat is 4" x 5.25". The large patterned piece is 4.5" x 3.25". White mat for the image is 2.75" x 3.25". The little flag tail is 1.5" tall, then notched.
Details:
Tools: Banner punch (Stampin' Up)
Stamps: Homespun Holiday (TAC)
Color: Noir (Palette); DR3, DG3 (Spectrum Noir); YG17 (Copic)
Embellishments: colored staples (Making Memories)

Card #6:

Card #6 design; I made 2 of this design;
The mat is 4" x 5.25". The large patterned piece is 4.25" x 3".  White circle for the image is 2 5/8". White mat for sentiment is 1" x 3.5".
Details:
Tools: Standard Small Circle die (Nestabilities); bow die (Tinsel and Tags Basic from Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: Mini Wreath; Laughter (TAC)
Color: Viridian Leaf, Moulin Rouge (Palette)
Embellishments: baker's twine (Recollections)


Card #7:
Card #7 design; I made 8 of this design;
The cardstock mat is 4" x 5.25". The large mat is 3.5" x 3.5".  The squares are 1.5" x 1.5". White circle for the image is appx. 1.75". White mat for sentiment is .75" x 4".
Details:
Tools: Standard Large Circle die (Nestabilities); Decorative Tile Set embossing Folder (Cuttlebug)
Stamps: Christmas Circles; Holiday Liners (TAC)
Color: Noir (Palette); B0000, YG17 (Copic); DG3 (Spectrum Noir)

Card 8:
Card #8 design; I made 2 of this design;
The large mat is 4" x 5.25". The long strip is 1.25" x 4.75", then notched at the bottom.  The small strip is 1.5" x 2.25". White square for the image is up to you. Mine was about 3" square.
Details:
Stamps: Homespun Holiday; Tag Tidbits (TAC)
Color: Jardin Moss (Palette); YG17 (Copic); TB3, CT1 (Spectrum Noir)

Card #9:
 
Card #9 design; I made 4 of this design;
The mat is 4" x 5.25". The large patterned piece is 4.5" x 2.25". The vertical strip is 1.5" x 3.75" then notched at the bottom. For this image, I used a sticker. If you want to stamp one, the size is 3" x 1.25".
Details:
Embellishments: button (Button Ups by Sticko); sticker (Karen Foster Designs)

Card #10:
Card #10 design; I made 2 of this design;
The strips are 1" x 4". The large cardstock piece is 3.25" x 4.5". The smaller cardstock mat is 3" x 4.25". White mat for the image is 2.75" x 3.25". I skipped the sentiment on the sketch and used pennant punches similar to card #5.
Details:
Tools: Banner punch (Stampin' Up)
Stamps: Homespun Holiday (TAC)
Color: Noir (Palette); DR3, DG3 (Spectrum Noir); YG17 (Copic)
Embellishments: colored staples (Making Memories)

Card #11:
Card #11 design; I made 2 of this design;
The large cardstock piece is 3.75" x 3 3/8". The smaller patterned mat is 3 5/8" x 3.25". The cardstock strip at the bottom is 1 7/8" x 5.25". The patterned strip is 1.75" x 5.25". (Except I didn't cut it long enough. Ignore my pic.) White mat for the image is up to you. I skipped the sentiment on the sketch.
Details:
Tools: 3" Labels 8 (Nestabilities)
Stamps: Homespun Holiday (TAC)
Color: Noir (Palette); various markers (Tombow)
Embellishments: fibers (EK Success)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...