Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Love is Valentine's Day Branch Display

I don't usually do much Valentine's Day decorating...mostly because I'm lazy. It comes too close on the heels of having decorated for Christmas then winter. It would be up for such a short amount of time that it doesn't really feel worth the effort. (This makes me a bad home/DIY blogger, doesn't it?)
This year I was inspired by a couple ideas that I saw (this banner and this centerpiece) and decided to clear the dining room of my winter and snowman decor and put this up instead.
Braving the cold, I went tromping in my backyard and cut branches from a forsythia bush and added some other random twigs that fallen in the yard after some recent wind. I cut the hearts from various scraps of cardstock I had on-hand using Cricut's Cricut Classic Font cartridge and then stamped the words ('God is...', 'love', and the words from 1 Corinthians 13's "love" passage) with Faith (TAC), Mini-Bet (TAC), Simple Bet (TAC), Nurture Your Soul (TAC), and Rummage (Making Memories).
I added baker's twine from Queen and Co. to the hearts and hung them all on the branches.
I used several Bible versions for my hearts but here is the passage in the NLT.
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. 
It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.Love never ends...
13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8, 13


Linking up to some or all of these great blog parties:
Sunday: Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming;
Monday: Inspire Me Monday at Sand and Sisal; Tutorials and Tips at Home Stories A to Z; It's Overflowing; Monthly Before and After at Thrifty Decor Chick
Wednesday: Wicked Awesome Wednesday at Handy Man, Crafty Woman; Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts; 
Friday: Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest; Flaunt it Friday at Chic on a Shoestring;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...