Monday, June 16, 2014

Make a Card Monday - Acoustic Guitar Birthday

Tenor turned 12 this past week and for his "big" gift, we gave him an acoustic guitar. He's been asking for several years to play the guitar but I wanted his hands to be a little bigger first.
He was quite excited to get the guitar and this card which I made to go along.

I started by embossing a white mat with Darice's Chevron. On top of that I stamped some grunge elements on the mat at the top left and bottom right. Then I layered hexagons punched from various patterned paper scraps. I cut the guitar base (Cricut Quarternote) from the herringbone patterned paper and layered it with orange cardstock. I stamped the grunge splatter (from Grunge Me) on top of the guitar to tone down the orange and then put it on foam dots to add dimension to the card.

Details:
cardstock: Core'dinations cardstock base, Georgia Pacific (white)
patterned paper: brown and orange stripe (Creative Memories), large teal dot and wide stripe (Arctic Frog), random stripe and herringbone (unknown)

color: Palette Burnt Umber ink
tools: Chevron embossing folder (Darice), hexagon punch (Stampin Up!), Quarternote (Cricut),  foam dots (Studio G)
stamps: Grunge Me (PTI) and Rock On (PTI)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...