Friday, July 19, 2013

Everything is coming up roses and daisies and dianthus and...

 
The gardens are in bloom and really filling in this year. After the driveway and sidewalk were replaced, Bass edged all the gardens and we put down a thick layer of mulch. The mulch was hurting since we skipped doing it last year. All sorts of things that I don't remember planting are coming up and growing like crazy. 
 

The front gardens are a little more formal and symmetrical. My daylilies are doing great, and the crepe myrtle that I was really wondering about seems like it has finally gotten established.

The new lamp and post look good in the front garden. I still need to add a few perennials in this bed though.
  

I pulled the fading pansies out of the pots and put in white impatiens and pink geraniums.

The side garden is a little different this year because of the driveway redo. We moved the birdbath up towards the garage and added some (clearance rack) dianthus at it's base.

The rest of the side garden is really filling in. Daisies, hosta, and bee balm...

 Hydrangea...

 Another potted geranium on my garden hook...

 

And my absolute favorite, the row of 'Limelight' hydrangeas we bought on clearance last fall are filling in and actually starting to bloom. They were sickly looking things but they were so inexpensive that we figured if they didn't make it, it wasn't too much of an investment. The only one struggling is the one that is directly under the bird feeder. The birds apparently are not genteel eaters. I'm excited to see how these keep filling in along the back of the house.

So what's blooming in your neck of the woods?


2 comments:

  1. Everything looks great Jen! The bunnies ate a lot of our annuals before they even got established this year :( After we relocate all of our squirrels, we'll start on the rabbits :) Our herbs are doing really well... Mint, thyme, oregano, sage, parsley, rosemary, chives and basil. Let me know if you need any - we'll never use all of what we have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With as much wildlife as we have in our little yard, I'm surprised the bunnies and squirrels haven't had a feast on some of my plants! I didn't do annuals other than the pots so maybe that was enough of a deterrent. Sounds like your herb garden would make up some tasty dishes. We should plan to get together soon---I need to get my hands on that cute baby of yours! :)

      Delete

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...