Thursday, May 17, 2012

50s Housewife Bridal Shower Part 3 - Lace Wrapped Jars



So here's part 3 of my sister's 50s Housewife themed bridal shower. Her wedding is going to have a vintage modern flavor with a coral and blue color scheme and lots of lace. I wanted to incorporate some of those elements into the decor.
(Check out other shower decor in these posts: Pennants and Poms and Coffee Filter Wreaths)
To add some filler pieces, I brought out my stash of canning jars. We used to can fruits and veggies more frequently but just haven't had time in the past couple of years. I couldn't quite part with all our supplies yet so I had a good number of different sized jars to choose from for this project.

They were already clean so I just added white lids to hide the threads. Then using my ATG adhesive, I attached different types and widths of lace. I found some cool, still-in-their-original-packaging vintage lace from a local non-profit called, Creative Re-Use. For only a couple dollars, I got a lace with coral ribbon threaded in it, a blue ribbon lace, a blue tatted lace, and several white laces.
The ATG tape held just fine. (In fact, I think it's going to be a project in itself just to get the tape off the jars now that the shower is over.)

I used the jars on the piano vignette.


I used a few on the server which held the plates, flatware, and napkins.

And I used a few on the kitchen peninsula where we had the drinks.

They looked so pretty with lit tea lights inside. A little lace, a little vintage, a little housewife... perfect!


Linking up to these great blog parties:
Sunday: Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming; Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife;
Tuesday: One Project at a Time at A Bowl Full of Lemons; Tuesday's Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia;
Wednesday: Wicked Awesome Wednesday at Handy Man, Crafty Woman; It's Overflowing at Overflowing with Creativity; Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts;
Home Decor & Organizing at Organize and Decorate Everything;
Thursday: Delightfully Inspiring Thursday at Delightful Order; Thrifty Thursday at Thrifty and Fabuless;  Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage;
Friday: Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest; Flaunt it Friday at Chic on a Shoestring

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...