Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Beachy Gallery Wall


Our master bedroom has a long wall that was just crying out for a gallery wall. I wanted a beach theme to go with the colors and bedding that we had, and I really wanted to incorporate a framed piece like this one.

I started with a bunch of frames that I used in our old house but didn't have a place for in our new home. I used fabric left-over from our Command Central boards to cover the picture mats the same way I did for the living room prints.
For the art I made my own beach-themed subway art. Nothing fancy, just beach words in black ink in a few different fonts.

I printed several shell specimen pictures from The Graphics Fairy.  
 


After putting more fabric in the frames, I used my hot glue gun to attach a large shell and starfish right to the glass of two of the frames. I also framed an old greeting card my Grandmother gave me when I was a little girl. I loved the picture and kept it all these years. 

So a few nails and zero money later, our beachy picture gallery is done, and I've got one more thing crossed off the to-do list.


Linking up to these great blog parties:
Sunday: Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming;
Monday: Amaze Me Monday at Dittle Dattle;
Tuesday: One Project at a Time at A Bowl Full of Lemons; Tuesday's Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia; Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife;
Wednesday: Wicked Awesome Wednesday at Handy Man, Crafty Woman; It's Overflowing at Overflowing with Creativity; Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts;
Home Decor & Organizing at Organize and Decorate Everything;
Thursday: Delightfully Inspiring Thursday at Delightful Order; Thrifty Thursday at Thrifty and Fabuless;  Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage;
Friday: Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest; Flaunt it Friday at Chic on a Shoestring;

2 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for shells and have them all over my house! This looks great! Found you at Handy Man, Crafty Woman, new follower! ~Lori

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...